Tuesday 1 October 2013

WEEK 4

Date: 30 - 4 October 2013


Subject : The research about existing Grass Cutter technology and do a planning of gantt chart for this project. 
 

Introduction:

The purpose of this task is to do a research about an existing technology for grass cutter product and to find some idea to do this project. Therefore to make my project run smoothly I must planning a gantt chart to show the process about actual planning until report done from week 2 until week 14.


Objectives
  1. To do a comparison between an existing technology with my new technology product.
  2. To find the idea that can used to make an improvement for existing product.
  3. Thinking an actual planning from week 2 until week 14.

Project Description:

  1. Objective of my project
        The objective of smart grass cutter is to develop a system that can automatically cut the grass by using infra red sensor which is may determine the distance of the object in front of the product. It have a few types of grass cutter in Malaysia.
         Our aim in doing this project is to build a mini grass cutter that automatically cutting grass without using a lot of energy to operate, less observation during the cutting grass process and economize.
  

    2.   Problem statement   

From my research, it found that an existing technology for grass cutter has used manual handling. So, it is used human energy. The product in Malaysia is still in manual concept. So, I can come out an idea called 'Smart grass cutter' which is the product that can functional without using manual handling.


    3.  Gantt Chart

I must have a planning to do this project. I have 14 weeks to do this planning in terms of the components, the circuit, design and etc. In week 10, we gonna have presentation day. So, i need to complete my research before week 10 and report till week 12. Below is my gantt chart for Smart Grass Cutter project to make the process run smoothly without any problems happened. 


Figure 1: Gantt Chart


Problem Encountered:

During this research, I have found that my idea for this project has been in the other country market such as USA but the good things is there is no automatic grass cutter product in Malaysia market. However the project is still on schedule and will proceed as how the project was planned. Some reference website for the other automatic grass cutter at the other countries:
http://www.amazon.com/Intelligent-Cutter-Recharge-Garden-Freeshipping/dp/B008Y0J84C


Project Outcome:

My idea for this product can be improved by add some new technology to make sure some different technology for an existing product. Even there is some automatic grass cutter in other country but I can try to make some improvement technology and created by local. My research project is on schedule and I should encounter no problems finishing it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment